- What can I beemind with Toggl Track?
- If I add time retrospectively, can you sync that up?
- Can I beemind multiple projects in the same goal?
- Can I change what projects/tags/clients I'm tracking in a particular graph?
- If I want to track only things that have both a specific project and a specific tag, is that possible?
- I want to be allowed fewer than X hours per day in a particular project. Can I set up a Do Less goal with Toggl Track?
- Can I track time from multiple different Toggl Track accounts?
- Sample goal setup
Toggl offers time tracking, work planning and hiring support for individuals and businesses. Beeminder integrates with Toggl Track, their time-tracking software.
You can beemind your total number of hours tracked through Toggl Track, or the number of hours tracked for particular projects, tags, or clients.
Yes! We'll stay in sync with Toggl Track for a week.
By the same token, anything you manually add on Beeminder will get overwritten, though. If you need to make changes, make sure you do it on Toggl's side.
Sure, just make sure you select them during goal setup (or add them later from the goal's settings) and you should be fine.
You can! You can do that from the goal's settings section. However, this is something to be a bit cautious about: if you remove a project, then we'll also remove your hours tracked for that project for the last week the next time we sync up with Toggl Track. That can instantly derail you, if it pulls the line of your data below the line of the graph. It may be better to archive the goal and create a new one, if you need to change the project being tracked.
If you do change it over and get derailed only because of that, then you can reply to the legitimacy check email to let the support team know. We can cancel the charge for you and get your graph back on track as much as possible.
If I want to track only things that have both a specific project and a specific tag, is that possible?
No, we'll track anything that has either the right project or the right tag. But it's useful to know if this is something you'd like to do!
I want to be allowed fewer than X hours per day in a particular project. Can I set up a Do Less goal with Toggl?
You can't do that during goal creation right now, but it is possible if you have a premium subscription that gives you access to custom goals. You'll want to set the good side of the line to "below", and the direction of the line to "up".
Support are also willing to help you convert your goals if you have trouble (e.g. an error when you try to flip the right side of the line) or don't have custom goals, in exchange for the feedback about how keen you are to see Toggl Do Less goals happen!
Yes! Rather than having ongoing authentication with Toggl, we use an API key to access your data. Each time you set up a Beeminder goal, we'll ask for that API key... so you can just give us the API key from one Toggl account when creating one goal, and the other Toggl account when creating another.
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Toggl Track icon to start a new goal using Toggl Track data.
- Click the link to go to your settings page in Toggl (if you're logged in) to copy your API token and then paste it into the entry field before clicking "check token".
- Next, you need to select how much time you want to spend on your goal, and which projects/tags/clients to include. In the screenshot below, I've chosen to do 1 hour per day and to track only the projects under which I track my studying. You can hold down the ctrl/command button to select multiple projects, tags or clients at a time.
Lastly, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the "Start this goal with extra leeway" box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- Step through the preview and payment confirmation screens, and that's it! I'll need to track 1 hour of studying in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.
Keywords: autodata integrations, productivity, time tracking