What can I beemind with Focusmate?
Right now, the integration just tracks the number of sessions you start on time.
Can I track sessions that are only about a specific thing?
Not yet! Focusmate doesn't yet have a method available for us to check the title of the session, or a method of tagging sessions, but we hope this feature can be added in future.
My graph said I was safe and then I derailed!
This can happen in rare situations where Focusmate remove a session from your calendar after initially showing it as successfully started. This can happen when your partner doesn't show up, for example. Once the session is removed from Focusmate, we remove it from Beeminder as well. You can identify when this has happened by checking the datapoint: if a session was removed, it will change from a 1 to 0, and the text will say it was auto-updated.
If you derail because of this, then just reply to the legitimacy check email letting us know what happened, and we'll help you get back on track!
I didn't complete a session that got synced to Beeminder. Can I delete it from my graph?
Not right away! We stay in sync with Focusmate for a week, so if it still appears on their calendar, it'll resync to your graph the next time we check for data. If you really want to delete a session that you didn't complete, you can do so after a week has passed.
Do you import any past data when I create a new Focusmate graph?
We import your number of past sessions, so if you've completed 279 sessions in the past, the y-axis will start at 279, and your initial datapoint will say 279.
Focusmate sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Focusmate icon to start a new goal using Focusmate data.
- Click the button to connect with Focusmate, to allow Beeminder to fetch your Focusmate data.
- You'll arrive at a Focusmate page asking you to give us permissions. Go ahead and click "Allow"!
- Now it's time to enter the amount you want to commit to. Here I'm committing to doing 1 sessions per day I've also selected the option to "Start this goal with extra leeway", so that I don't need to start immediately. I've given myself four days of buffer, and that gives me four days before I need to do my first session.
- Next, you need to give your goal a name, and you can also add a brief goal description.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! Step through the preview and confirmation screens, and your graph will be created. I have four days to do my first session, or I'll have to pay $5!
Keywords: autodata integrations, productivity, co-working, body doubling