What can I beemind with Focusmate?
Right now, the integration just tracks the number of sessions you start on time.
Can I track sessions that are only about a specific thing?
Not yet! Focusmate doesn't yet have a method available for us to check the title of the session, or a method of tagging sessions, but we hope this feature can be added in future.
I didn't complete a session that got synced to Beeminder. Can I delete it from my graph?
Not right away! We stay in sync with Focusmate for a week, so if it still appears on their calendar, it'll resync to your graph the next time we check for data. If you really want to delete a session that you didn't complete, you can do so after a week has passed.
Do you import any past data when I create a new Focusmate graph?
We import your number of past sessions, so if you've completed 279 sessions in the past, the y-axis will start at 279, and your initial datapoint will say 279.
Focusmate sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Focusmate icon to start a new goal using Focusmate data.
- Click the button to connect with Focusmate, to allow Beeminder to fetch your Focusmate data.
- You'll arrive at a Focusmate page asking you to give us permissions. Go ahead and click "Allow"!
- Now it's time to enter the amount you want to commit to. Here I'm committing to doing 1 sessions per day I've also selected the option to "Start this goal with extra leeway", so that I don't need to start immediately. I've given myself four days of buffer, and that gives me four days before I need to do my first session.
- Next, you need to give your goal a name, and you can also add a brief goal description.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! Step through the preview and confirmation screens, and your graph will be created. I have four days to do my first session, or I'll have to pay $5!
Keywords: autodata integrations, productivity, co-working