What can I beemind with Strava?
- Miles walked, run, skated, cycled, swum (and other sports)
- Kilometers walked, run, skated, cycled, swum (and other sports)
- Time spent walking, running, skating, cycling, swimming (and other sports)
- Number of activities in walking, running, skating, cycling, swimming (and other sports)
- Calories burned walking, running, skating, cycling, swimming (and other sports)
- Effort-weighted time spent on walking, running, skating, cycling, swimming (and other sports) [this is a custom metric where time spent walking counts for half]
- Effort-weighted time spent walking, running, cycling, skating, swimming (and other sports) [this is a custom metric where all activities other than walking count for double]
Beemindable sports include the above-mentioned and others like skiing, CrossFit, hiking, rock climbing, kayaking, etc.
I'm tracking runs, but the data isn't coming through!
Check how your run is being categorized on Strava. If it's a "Virtual Run", that's counted separately from "Running". If you want to count both in the same goal, you'd need to select both when setting up your goal.
Can I change which activities I'm tracking?
This isn't currently possible from your side, for Strava goals. If you're changing what you want to track, it may make the most sense to make a new goal. If you really want to keep the continuity though, you can contact support to help you switch!
I'm syncing up a run late, can I still get it included in my graph?
We stay in sync with Strava for a week, so yes! Just make sure it's available on Strava, and we'll pull it in the next time we sync up.
Sample goal setup:
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Strava icon to start a new goal using Strava data.
- Next, you need to select what you want to track (e.g. miles) and the activities you want to track that for. In the example below, I've selected to track the miles per week categorized as "Run" or "Virtual Run", and I've set my goal to 10 miles per week.
Lastly, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the "Start this goal with extra leeway" box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press "Connect with Strava" to continue. If you already have a Strava connection set up, the button will just say "Next".
- The authentication step (if not previously used) needs to be completed on Strava. Log in, and then you'll see a page asking to authorize Beeminder to connect with your Strava account. You can choose to include private activities; if you don't, then any private activities will not be counted in your Beeminder goal. Once you've set what you want us to be able to access, click "Authorize" and you'll be redirected back to Beeminder.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- Step through the preview and payment confirmation screens, and that's it! I'll need to run 2 miles in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.
Keywords: autodata integrations, fitness trackers, running, biking, skating