What can I beemind with the Pocket integration?
Archiving articles that you've saved to Pocket (as a proxy for having read or at least checked those articles). Every article you archive counts as +1 for the goal.
Does deleting an article count as +1 as well?
No, Beeminder is looking at your list of archived articles, rather than the number of articles you have in your queue.
Can I derail because I add more articles than I archive?
No need to worry! We're only tracking the items you archive, so adding more items doesn't affect your goal. (If you're trying to reduce your backlog, you might need to increase your rate to keep up!)
Pocket sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal.
- Click the Pocket icon to start a new goal using Pocket data.
- The first thing to do is to choose the number of articles per day you want to commit to archiving.
Then, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the "Start this goal with extra leeway" box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- If you've never connected Beeminder to Pocket before, you'll need to authorize Beeminder to access your Pocket information. Click on Connect to Pocket and you'll automatically be taken to Pocket. Click on "Authorize" to give us read-only access to your Pocket account, and you'll be re-directed back to Beeminder to finish creating your goal.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes by selecting the cap. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- Step through the preview and payment confirmation screens, and that's it! I'll need to archive 3 points in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.
Keywords: autodata integrations, backlogs of articles to read, productivity kind of, reading