- What can I beemind with Lichess?
- Can I enter manual data for games played outside Lichess?
- Lichess sample goal setup
Lichess is an open-source app for playing and learning chess, offering various kinds of games and puzzles.
The Lichess integration can track all your chess games, or all your games that fall under a specific category (blitz, puzzle, bullet, correspondence, classical, rapid). For each game you play, +1 will be added to your Beeminder goal.
Nope, we just get data from Lichess, so unless they add this feature of tracking offline games, you'll need to set your goal in terms of games you want to play on Lichess specifically.
- Head to create a new goal.
- Click the Lichess icon to start a new goal using Lichess data.
- Click on the "Connect to Lichess" button to go to Lichess and approve us to access your Lichess data.
It will redirect you to Lichess, so make sure you press "Authorize" on that page!
- It's time to pick your rate! I've set things up so I have to play one game a day, in any category. I've also selected the option to "Start this goal with extra leeway", so that I don't need to start immediately. I've given myself four days of buffer, and that gives me four days before I need to play my first game.
- Next, you need to give your goal a name, and you can also add a brief goal description.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! Step through the preview and confirmation screens, and your graph will be created. I have four days to do my first session, or I'll have to pay $5!
Keywords: autodata integrations, chess, games