- What can I beemind with Manifold?
- Can I track anything else?
- Can I have a non-midnight deadline for this autodata goal?
- Will it fetch my past progress?
- Manifold sample goal setup
Manifold is a market where you can use play-money to make bets about just about anything, and see what people will bet on.
The number of bets you make. You can set up your goal to make more bets, or you can set it up as a Do Less, and make fewer bets.
So far, no. If you have ideas of other Manifold metrics that would make a good Beeminder-style graph, let us know! We're always eager for this kind of feedback (or any kind of feedback).
No. We don't fetch bets placed prior to the day you started the goal, so you'll start with a clean slate.
- Head to create a new goal.
- Click the Manifold icon to start a new goal using Manifold data.
- First, type in your Manifold username so we know whose bets to fetch.
- Then pick "Moar bets" or "Fewer bets", and the number of bets per day you want to commit to. Lastly, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes by selecting the cap. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- Step through the preview and payment confirmation screens, and that's it! I'll need to make 1 bet in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.
Keywords: autodata integrations, betting, markets