What can I beemind with Garmin?
It varies based on your device.
- For Vivoki/Vivofit devices, you can track steps or hours of sleep
- For all other devices, you can track total distance (in miles or km) or total time in activity
Why isn't my activity showing up in Beeminder?
First, double-check that the activity is synced and shows up in Garmin Connect - that's where Beeminder fetches its data from. If there's still a discrepancy in the total between Beeminder and Garmin, contact Beeminder support and we'll investigate.
Garmin sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Garmin icon to start a new goal using Garmin data.
- Depending on the Garmin device you use, different metrics are available. Select your device and then choose a metric from the middle dropdown. Enter the goal amount that you'd like to commit to above the metric. Finally, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $30 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs here!)
- And that's it! I'll need to start moving in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.