What can I beemind with Runkeeper?
Different types of activities:
- all of the above
- any combination of the above
Using any of the below units for the activity combination you selected:
- times (e.g. number of times you tracked a run activity)
- calories burned
Can I change the activities or units I picked after I create the goal?
Units, no. This would really complicate the graph and make it no longer make sense, so it would be better to archive the existing goal and create a new one.
Activities, yes. In the Settings tab below the graph image on the goal page, you can pick and choose the included activities in the Runkeeper Activities section. This will not rewrite any goal history; it will only change the activities that Beeminder looks for in the future.
I did an activity earlier, but Beeminder isn't showing it.
There are a few possible reasons for this:
- your goal is tracking a certain type of activity (or activities), but the missing activity is categorized differently: try re-categorizing the activity inside Runkeeper to match what your goal is looking for, then asking Beeminder to re-fetch data (or change the activities you're tracking using the instructions above)
- the activity has not finished syncing from your device to Runkeeper: double-check that the activity has been completed and synced, then ask Beeminder to re-fetch data once the activity is definitely showing up in the Runkeeper app
- you've edited Beeminder's automatic datapoint comments: edit your comments without removing the comment that Beeminder adds to each value
If none of those solve the problem and/or your goal has derailed because of it, contact us in support!
Runkeeper sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu and from your dashboard).
- Click the Runkeeper icon to start a new goal using Runkeeper data.
- First, decide the metric(s) you want to track (listed at the top of this page) and select it from the dropdown. You can pick any combination of the activities listed, and measure it with a number of different units. For this example, I'll stick with running and walking miles.
Next, enter the amount of that metric you want to do. Finally, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the "Start this goal with extra leeway" box and enter the number of days you want to delay.
Press Continue. If you haven't yet authorized Beeminder to access Runkeeper data, the button will say Connect to Runkeeper instead and take you to a page to do just that! You will return to goal creation after.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! Step through the preview and confirmation screens, and your graph will be created. I have four days to do my first session, or I'll have to pay $5!
Keywords: autodata integrations, fitness tracker, running