What can I beemind with Trello?
Trello goals track the number of cards in one or more lists on a particular board.
Can I beemind private Trello boards?
Yes. At goal creation, we'll ask you to authenticate with a Trello account that has permission to view the board.
How do I change the lists my goal is tracking?
In the Settings tab below the graph image on the goal page, you can pick and choose the right lists in the Trello Lists section. Click Update to save the change and refresh the graph.
This change will not rewrite any goal history, but it will change your current datapoint. Be careful - this may cause an emergency day or derailment if your list count decreases with the update.
Can I change the board my goal is tracking?
Nope. You'll need to make a separate goal to track a different board.
I didn't change any settings, but my Beeminder datapoint just dropped a lot, and now my goal is about to derail!
Usually this happens when you've deleted cards, or you've archived cards but are not also beeminding the Archived list. Beeminder always uses the current total count in all tracked lists, so moving cards outside of those lists will decrease the datapoint value.
To resolve this immediately, you can empty the lists on Trello (see the next question) or add the Archived list to your tracked lists in the Beeminder goal. Contact support if neither of those options is a good one for what you're trying to do!
Can I start over from scratch on an already-existing goal?
You can reset the odometer by clearing out all your tracked Trello lists and pressing the 'Fetch Data' button on Beeminder. This will add a 0 datapoint to your graph, allowing you to start fresh without losing your previous progress or derailing the goal.
Trello sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Trello icon to start a new goal using Trello data.
- Paste the link to the Trello board you want to use for the goal in the text field.
Enter the number of cards per week you want to move, and select the list(s) you want to move them into. For this goal, I want to complete or archive at least 10 cards per week. To select multiple lists, hold Cmd (⌘) or Ctrl as you click the list names.
If you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default - use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $30 - the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs here!)
- And that's it! I'll need to start moving cards over in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.