What can I beemind with Todoist?
You can beemind all your tasks, or tasks under specific labels or projects.
I checked off my tasks, but they aren't counting toward my Beeminder goal.
Tasks won't count toward your goal if you've set it up to track specific project(s) or label(s) that aren't attached to those particular tasks. Double-check that they're categorized appropriately, and try re-checking them off if necessary.
Does your integration include recurring tasks?
It didn't! But now it does: Todoist's API now offer a way for us to monitor the completion of recurring tasks, which means we can include them in your graphs. This will be available at first for all new goals created with the Todoist integration, but if you have an old-style integration, we'll be in touch soon about migrating you onto the new version.
I made a manual graph and linked it to IFTTT to get around the lack of recurring tasks; do I have to abandon all that data and create a new graph?
Nope! Just get in touch with support (email@example.com) and we'll help you through the process of getting our own integration hooked up to that goal, so you won't have to rely on IFTTT anymore, but you won't lose the goal's history.
Todoist sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Todoist icon to start a new goal using Todoist data.
- If you haven't already authorized Beeminder to access your Todoist information, you'll need to do that first by clicking Connect to Todoist. After authorization, we'll return you to the next step.
- First, decide the rate at which you want to complete to-dos.
Next, you can opt to track only tasks from specific Projects or Labels. The default option tracks all your tasks. To filter the tasks Beeminder recognizes, select the Projects/Labels option and check each of the Projects and/or Labels you want to use.
Finally, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $30 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! I'll need to check some items off in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.