What can I beemind with Todoist?
Completed tasks! You can beemind all your tasks, or tasks under specific labels or projects.
If I choose to include tasks from a particular project and a particular label, what happens?
If you pick both a project and a label, the graph will track items that are either connected with that particular project, or with that particular label. That means you can't use this to narrow it down to items in a particular project that also have a certain label.
I checked off my tasks, but they aren't counting toward my Beeminder goal.
Double-check that you didn't set up the Beeminder goal to track only specific projects or labels, and check that the tasks you're checking off are under the correct projects/labels if so.
Does your integration include recurring tasks?
I made a manual graph and linked it to IFTTT or whatever before (I knew) there was an official integration; do I have to abandon all that data and create a new graph?
Nope! Just get in touch with support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll get you our Todoist integration pointed to your existing goal, so you won't have to rely on IFTTT anymore, but you won't lose the goal's history.
Todoist sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Todoist icon to start a new goal using Todoist data.
- If you haven't already authorized Beeminder to access your Todoist information, you'll need to do that first by clicking Connect to Todoist. After authorization, we'll return you to the next step.
- First, decide the rate at which you want to complete to-dos.
Next, you can opt to track only tasks from specific Projects or Labels. The default option tracks all your tasks. To filter the tasks Beeminder recognizes, select the Projects/Labels option and check each of the Projects and/or Labels you want to use. In this example, I'm setting up a goal for improving these help docs. Anything tagged with "Help_Docs" or "Support_Docs" will count for this goal.
Finally, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! I'll need to check some items off in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.
Keywords: autodata integrations, productivity, to-do lists