What can I beemind with Todoist?
Completed tasks! You can beemind all your tasks, or tasks under specific labels or projects.
If I choose to include tasks from a particular project and a particular label, what happens?
If you pick both a project and a label, the graph will track items that are either connected with that particular project, or with that particular label. That means you can't use this to narrow it down to items in a particular project that also have a certain label.
I checked off my tasks, but they aren't counting toward my Beeminder goal.
Double-check that you didn't set up the Beeminder goal to track only specific projects or labels, and check if the tasks you're checking off are under the correct projects/labels.
Does your integration include recurring tasks?
I made a manual graph and linked it to IFTTT or whatever before (I knew) there was an official integration; do I have to abandon all that data and create a new graph?
Nope! Just get in touch with support (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we'll help you get our Todoist integration pointed to your existing goal. That means you won't have to rely on IFTTT anymore, but you won't lose the goal's history.
I made a new project I want to include; can I add it now?
Yep! Just go to your goal's settings on the web version, and scroll to the "Todoist settings" section. There you can add and remove projects and labels for us to start or stop tracking.
Word of warning: if you remove a project or label to tell us to stop tracking it, Todoist will tell us that those tasks no longer exist or were uncompleted, and we'll zero out recent entries from those labels/projects. If that happens and you derail, just reply to the legitimacy check email as soon as you can to let us know, and we'll help fix things up and ensure you aren't charged.
A datapoint entered by Todoist changed to zero!
Todoist sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Todoist icon to start a new goal using Todoist data.
- If you haven't already authorized Beeminder to access your Todoist information, you'll need to do that first by clicking Connect to Todoist. After authorization, we'll return you to the next step.
- First, decide the rate at which you want to complete to-dos.
Next, you can opt to track only tasks from specific Projects or Labels. The default option tracks all your tasks. To filter the tasks Beeminder recognizes, select the Projects/Labels option and check each of the Projects and/or Labels you want to use. In this example, I'm setting up a goal for improving these help docs. Anything tagged with "Help_Docs" or "Support_Docs" will count for this goal.
Finally, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! I'll need to check some items off in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.
Keywords: autodata integrations, productivity, to-do lists