What can I beemind with Habitica?
Beeminder can fetch info about your to-dos and your dailies. You can set a goal to increase them (i.e. complete more to-dos) or decrease them (i.e. reduce number of undone to-dos).
Why isn't Beeminder recognizing to-dos that I'm completing?
Beeminder ignores all to-dos that are part of a challenge. The challenge owner can change or remove them at any time, which may derail your goal without your consent! We chose to limit it to your own to-dos so that you have complete control over the data that Beeminder fetches for your goal.
Why isn't Beeminder pulling in my non-challenge dailies which I completed via the Record Yesterday's Activity modal?
Unfortunately, we're not able to mark these tasks as completed. We look at your dailies just after midnight (before your day rolls over) and take note of everything completed by that time. Once you've logged into Habitica and started your new day, that gets reset in the process. This includes any dailies you check off in the RYA modal. They get cleared immediately, so Beeminder has no chance to check that they've been completed.
If you mark all your tasks complete in Habitica before the day ends, you can avoid this problem. If this catches you out, that's still not a legit derailment (since you actually did the work), so do contact support and we'll cancel the charge for you!
I completed my tasks just before midnight and Beeminder won't recognize them!
If you're using Habitica at midnight, then your dailies will refresh as soon as you take any action that syncs with Habitica's server. If Beeminder hasn't synced your progress before your day rollover happens, the checks get cleared and then we can't tell what you completed. You can avoid this by manually syncing on Beeminder before midnight, or waiting to use Habitica until about half an hour after the deadline. That gives us plenty of time to check in with Habitica's servers and pull in your data!
Habitica sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Habitica icon to start a new goal using Habitica data.
- First, decide whether you want to do more things, or reduce your number of undone things. The first option is more standard — you would only use the second if you have a large backlog of undone to-dos that you'd like to start completing. Then pick whether you want to track To-Dos, Dailies, or both.
Next, decide the rate you want to complete those items at. You can also choose to track only items with a specific tag; by default, we'll track everything. And lastly, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $30 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! I'll need to start checking off tasks in Habitica in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.