- What can I beemind with Habitica?
- Why is Beeminder only letting me beemind my to-dos?
- Why isn't Beeminder recognizing tasks that I'm completing?
- Why can't I track habits as well?
- Why isn't Beeminder pulling in my non-challenge dailies which I completed via the Record Yesterday's Activity modal?
- I completed my tasks just before midnight and Beeminder didn't recognise them!
- Habitica sample goal setup
Habitica is a gamified task manager, offering motivation for completing your tasks through leveling up your avatar.
Beeminder can fetch info about your to-dos and your dailies. You can set a goal to increase the number of to-dos and dailies you do, or a goal to decrease the number of to-dos you have uncompleted.
It sounds like you have your custom day start set to something other than midnight! We can only beemind your dailies if your day start is set to midnight.
If you always stick to the same custom day start, and never change it, then contact us and we'll see if we can work something out for you.
One point is Beeminder ignores all tasks that are part of a challenge. The challenge owner can change or remove tasks at any time, which could trip you up all too easily when it comes to your Beeminder rate! We chose to limit it to your own tasks so that you have complete control over the data that Beeminder fetches for your goal.
If you set up your goal to track a certain tag, check the task has that tag, as well!
Habitica records these in a different way, and it would be kind of complicated for us to implement this. That said, if you're really eager to see it, let us know! That helps us decide on our future projects.
Why isn't Beeminder pulling in my non-challenge dailies which I completed via the Record Yesterday's Activity modal?
Unfortunately, we're not able to mark these tasks as completed. We look at your dailies just after midnight (before your day rolls over) and take note of everything completed by that time. Once you've logged into Habitica and started your new day, that information gets reset in the process. This includes any dailies you check off in the RYA modal. They get cleared immediately, so Beeminder has no chance to check that they've been completed.
If you mark all your tasks complete in Habitica before the day ends, you can avoid this problem. If this catches you out, that's still not a legit derailment (since you actually did the work), so do reply to the legit check letting us know that's what happened and we'll cancel the charge for you!
If you're using Habitica at midnight, then your dailies will refresh as soon as you take any action that syncs with Habitica's server. If Beeminder hasn't synced your progress before your day rollover happens, the checks get cleared and then we can't tell what you completed. You can avoid this by manually syncing on Beeminder before midnight, or waiting to use Habitica until about half an hour after the deadline. That gives us plenty of time to check in with Habitica's servers and pull in your data!
- Head to create a new goal.
- Click the Habitica icon to start a new goal using Habitica data.
- First, you need to get your UUID and API token from Habitica via your Habitica account settings.
- Then, you need to decide whether you want to do more things, or reduce your number of undone things. The first option is more standard — you would only use the second if you have a large backlog of undone to-dos that you'd like to start completing. Then pick whether you want to track To-Dos, Dailies, or both.
Next, decide the rate you want to complete those items at. You can also choose to track only items with a specific tag; by default, we'll track everything. And lastly, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! I'll need to start checking off tasks in Habitica in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.
Keywords: autodata integrations, productivity, nerds, friendly competitors, gamifying habits, to-do lists