What can I beemind with Draft?
The Draft integration tracks your words edited each day. This includes words written as well as words deleted.
I've written words in Draft, but Beeminder isn't picking them up.
Usually this happens when you've copied & pasted text from another application directly into Draft. Those words normally don't get counted as part of your writing for the day.
There is a workaround, however! If you open the document, start typing a few words, and then paste your text, it will count normally, and Beeminder should pick it up.
My Draft writing is showing up on the wrong day in Beeminder.
Check the timezone setting of your Draft account. If it doesn't match the timezone you've chosen for Beeminder, data may get assigned to the wrong day.
I edited my datapoint in Beeminder, but it was changed back!
When Beeminder checks for data, we'll look at the last 7 days of Draft data and update any datapoints that are out of sync with Draft. Because of the 7-day lookback, any deleted or edited datapoints will be replaced with Draft's value for the day. If this data is incorrect for any reason, you'll need to contact Beeminder support for a workaround.
Draft sample goal setup
- Create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Draft icon to start a new goal using Draft data.
- Decide how many words edited (both written and removed words count) per day you'd like to commit to, and enter that rate in the box.
If you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box. Enter the number of days you want to delay and press Continue.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $30 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! I'll need to start writing in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.