- What can I beemind with the CodeCombat integration?
- Why did you create a goal where I already have points at the beginning, instead of starting from zero?
- CodeCombat sample goal setup
What can I beemind with the CodeCombat integration?
You can beemind the number of points you've earned on CodeCombat by completing levels/lessons within the game.
Why did you create a goal where I already have points at the beginning, instead of starting from zero?
When we made the goal, we checked with CodeCombat how many points you have already. That gets imported as your first datapoint and allows us to start the y-axis at the right value, so we don't give you credit for all the lessons you've already done!
CodeCombat sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal.
- Click the CodeCombat icon to start a new goal using CodeCombat data.
- First, enter the username you use on CodeCombat. Then you need to choose the number of points you want to aim for per day. I'm a novice and not haven't used the site for long, so I'm going to start small! I can always make it more difficult later.
If you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the "Start this goal with extra leeway" box. Enter the number of days you want to delay.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the dropdown below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $270 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs!)
- And that's it! Step through the preview and payment confirmation to see your new graph. I'll need to start getting more points in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.
Keywords: autodata integrations, learn to code