I signed up — what do I do first?
So you just joined Beeminder. Welcome! Here's what you should do first.
- Check out some of the example goal guides for instructions and/or inspiration. You can also dig into the goal types documentation for the deep nitty-gritty details.
- Premium subscribers have access to a few more goal types.
- Start small with your goals! Pick something ridiculously easy for your starting rate, like -0.001 pounds per week to lose weight, or one workout every other week (a weekly rate of 0.5). You can always make it harder later if you're doing great.
- You can delete goals for 7 days after creation, so feel free to experiment, break things, change your mind, accidentally cause derailments — it's all safely undone by the Delete Goal button.
2. Decide how often you want us to remind you about the goal
- Visit your reminder settings to adjust how often and through what channels we remind you about your new goal(s). If you just created 10 new goals, you'll probably want to stagger those times so we're not filling up your inbox a few times a day.
- We'll send you a reminder email about this 24 hours after making the goal, too.
- You can get reminded and enter your data through our free iOS and Android apps! (You'll still need to use the website to make goal and account changes, though.)
3. Make sure everything looks good in your account settings
- Take a quick look at the new goal defaults and set them to what you'd like. This way you won't have to redo anything after you've created all your goals. (If you want more info on what those settings mean, see the article on new goal defaults.)
- If you're going to use any autodata goals, you can go ahead and add service authorizations to speed up goal creation.
5. Create more goals to your heart's delight
- Creating unlimited goals requires a premium plan.
- But probably don't jump straight to a premium plan! Core Beeminder is very powerful. And you want to avoid Beeminder burnout.
6. Keep reading through the help docs and let us know what's still confusing!
- Use our contact form or email email@example.com — chances are we'll get back to you within 24 hours!