What can I beemind with Misfit?
- Hours of sleep
Why isn't my activity showing up in Beeminder?
First, double-check that the activity is synced - that's where Beeminder fetches its data from. If there's still a discrepancy in the counts between Beeminder and Misfit, contact Beeminder support and we'll investigate.
Why did I derail, even though my data was above the road?
This is likely due to Beeminder mistakenly deleting too many datapoints before re-adding them during a sync with Misfit. Please contact support and we'll fix it up for you!
Misfit sample goal setup
- Head to create a new goal (also accessible through the New Goal link in the top menu).
- Click the Misfit icon to start a new goal using Misfit data.
- First, decide the metric you want to track (steps or sleep hours) and select its button. For this example, I'll use steps. Next, enter the amount of that metric you want to do per week. You can also opt to import some of your previous Misfit data by checking the Import last month of data. It'll show up on the graph, but not count toward your new commitment, of course!
Finally, if you want to delay your goal's start a few days (maybe you're traveling this weekend), be sure to tick the Start this goal with extra leeway box and enter the number of days you want to delay.
Press Continue. If you haven't yet authorized Beeminder to access Misfit data, the button will say Connect to Misfit instead and take you to a page to do just that! You will return to goal creation after.
- Give your goal a brief name. If you want, you can also write a short description with more information.
- Finally, choose your initial pledge. This is the amount you will pay the first time you derail on the goal. After derailing, the pledge will increase by default — use the checkbox and +/- stepper below to control how high it goes. In the example below, I have chosen to start at a $5 pledge, which will increase each time I derail, until it reaches $30 — the pledge cap. (To read more about pledges and payments, check out some FAQs here!)
- And that's it! I'll need to start moving in the next 4 days to avoid paying Beeminder my first $5.