What's the difference between the goal types?
Each of the six main goal types works slightly differently from the other five, and each is best suited to a particular objective and requires data being entered a certain way. Bee Plus and Beemium subscribers also have access to custom goals, which enable more settings for user configuration and let you create very specific behaviour. Here's a quick rundown:
- Do More: something I want to do more of, where you enter today's amount, like “times I go to the gym”
- Do Less: something I want to do less of, where you enter today's amount, like “number of chicken nuggets eaten“
- Odometer: something I want to have more of, where you enter a running total amount, like “pages of War and Peace I have read so far”
- Whittle Down: something I want to have less of, where you enter a running total amount, like “emails currently in my inbox flagged as urgent”
- Lose Weight: track your weight, which you want to decrease
- Gain Weight: track your weight, which you want to increase
- Custom: you can switch all the settings yourself and create crazy mashups of the other 6 goal types
Each goal type is described in much more detail on the linked pages!
Keywords: goal types, goal fields, goal parameters, types of goals